FightCamp 2017 will begin on Friday the 11th of August and run until Sunday the 13th.
That’s three whole days of HEMA fun!
And this year, it’s going to be even better than ever.
Instructors and Lecturers
We are absolutely delighted to confirm a fabulous host of top Historical European Martial Arts Instructors and Lecturers.
That’s right, lecturers too!
At this year’s event we will be introducing some of the most popular and knowledgable names in the world of weapons use and manufacture.
And they are going to share their knowledge with you.
FightCamp 2017 Lecturers
Let’s take a look at who we’ve got and what they are going to be teaching:
http://clearskiescleaning.com/reviews/ Paul Binns
“Q & A With A Sword Maker”
buy modafinil in the us Fabrice Cognot
source Marco Danelli
“Q & A With A Sword Maker”
“Non-Regulation British Officers’ Swords”
“Historical Fencing Rules In History”
“Dying to Look Good” Anglo-Saxon weapons and armour in the 5th-7th centuries
“The English Warbow and Arrows”
“Late-Medieval European Swords From The Alexandria Arsenal”
FightCamp’s incredibly helpful, friendly and experienced instructors are a huge part of what makes the event so special.
This year we are delighted to introduce 35 top HEMA instructors, who will be running 40 amazing classes.
Martin “Oz” Austwick
- Catch as Catch Can Wrestling – Leg Attacks
- English Backsword – Leg Attacks
- Longsword: half-sword, disarms and grappling
- Military/Dueling Sabre: Functional Drills that Don’t Bore
- Sword and buckler
- Codex Wallerstein longsword
- Binding with rapier in tournament fencing
- Advanced Swedish Sabre
- Longsword – Movement in the Zufechten
- Using the dussack to learn longsword skills
- Ripostes in 18th Century British Broadsword
- The variations of Taylor’s Ten lessons from Roworth and Angelo.
- De Viedma’s Circle Drills for Destreza (1639)
- French Napoleonic bayonet
- French WW1 bayonet
- Melee tournament
- Mastery of Self & Manipulation of Others
- Meyer longsword
Lauren Ireland & Chris Halpin
- Lecküchner’s Langes Messer: Fechtschule Fun & Humiliation
Luke Ireland & Jools Grommers
- Introduction to Figuereydo’s Montante
- The Schilhaw: Mechanics and Applications.
- WW2 Combatives: Throws, blows and chokes
- Small unit battle tactics
- Red Zone Defence – Boxing and grappling self defence
- The Cutting Rapier’ – body and blade mechanics
- Polish sabre in the age of Napoleon
- Longsword techniques within greatsword systems
- Combination weapons of Saviolo
- Andres Liegnitzer: Wrestling by the Book (jacket and cup recommended)
- Italian WWI trench knife – don’t play tag
- Fencing Cleanly in Sabre
- Medieval Rondel Dagger: From Books to Freeplay
- Highland Broadsword & Targe
- Nito Ryu Kenjutsu – paired swords
- Paired swords in Docciolini & Altoni
- Boxe française (combatives)
- Straight Razor in attack and defence
- Defensive tactics for longsword
- Fiore’s sword in one hand
Excited? You should be!
FightCamp 2017 Timetable
Putting a timetable together for an event like FightCamp is a bit of a tricky business. We normally aim to have it ready around three weeks before the event is due to start.
But don’t worry, we’ll pop it up here as soon as it’s done! Check back around the 20th of July to get the details.
Don’t Forget Your T-Shirt!
Remember, we won’t be selling on site this year so you’ll need to buy in advance.