At FightCamp we pride ourselves on having a wide range of historical european martial arts classes.
We are so far delighted to confirm that the following top HEMA instructors will be joining us for 2017 and the classes they are planning to teach:
- Binding with rapier in tournament fencing
- Longsword – movement in the Zufechten
- Using the dussack to learn longsword skills
- A comparison of and practical drills expanding upon the 2 versions of the Ten lessons found in Roworth and on Angelo’s poster.
- De Viedma’s circle drills for Destreza (1639)
- Meyer longsword
Lauren Ireland & Chris Halpin-Durband
- Leckuchner’s langmesser
- The Schilhaw: Mechanics and Applications
- ‘The Cutting Rapier’ – body and blade mechanics
- topic tbc
Gray Morris & Chris Chatfield
- Nito Ryu – Kenjutsu
- Defensive tactics for longsword
We will be updating this list regularly – so check back to find the latest batch of great classes.
Each year at FightCamp you can find the following class areas
Each year we aim to include classes within all of the following categories:
- Sword & Buckler
- Throwing Weapons
We also have guest classes from other disciplines, including for example Bujinkan and Kenjutsu.
During each session you will have a choice of at least three classes and a tournament to choose from.
FightCamp attendees are welcome to watch any ongoing tournament pools or finals, as long as they remain quiet and respectful while doing so.
Classes are held either on the large training fields or in the sports hall. The location of each class will be shown on the programme.
There is also a designated sparring area, where you will be welcome to arrange casual fights with your friends regardless of the timetabled events.